2017 P2PX CALL FOR SPEAKERS INFORMATION
Deadline: February 14, 2017
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL TODAY! Proposals will be accepted through Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
September 26-28, 2017
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Expo Overview & Audience
For decades, the Path to Purchase Institute has been hosting the Path to Purchase Expo, the world's largest gathering of shopper and retail marketing professionals.
Over 3,000 decision-makers attend Expo each year to access the highest level of education and collabortive thinking available for retailers and marketers responsible for influencing decision-making along the path to purchase. Expo delivers insights and strategy for attendees including:
- Brand Maufacturers/Marketers with responsibilities including brand activation, category & product development, shopper marketing, channel marketing, digital & social marketing, merchandising & packaging, shopper insights, e-commerce strategies and shopper experience.
- Retailers with responsibilities including brand & category management, consumer & shopper insights, merchandising, retail & digital marketing, e-commerce and shopper marketing strategy.
- Shopper Marketing, Advertising and Promotional Agency Executives with responsibilities including account teams, brand development, creative direction, insights, planning, promotional strategy and retail design.
- Solution Providers (digital/mobile technology, P-O-P design, retail execution, shopper insights) with responsibilities including digital & mobile strategy, display design, integrated shopper marketing, field execution, research & insights, retail media and technology innovation.
As an Expo speaker, you will get:
- Complimentary registration to the Shopper Marketing Conference & Expo (a $1,100 value), which includes admission to all seminars and keynote presentations, and to the Design of the Times Celebration.
- Industry recognition for yourself and your company or brand.
- Acccess to Expo's private Online Networking Community where you can communicate directly with all Expo attendees.
- Extensive publicity on Path2PurchaseExpo.com, Shopper Marketing magazine, multiple promotional emails, Path to Purchase Institute marketing materials, newsletters and social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Excellent networking opportunities to interact with leading brands and retailers.
The Institute relies heavily on two components when choosing content for a session:
- Content matching the interests identified by our audience through surveys and session evaluations.
- Speaker references to ensure the quality of our programming efforts.
Sample themes that appeal to our Expo audience include:
- The Future of Retail
- Navigating the Path to Purchase
- Shopper Marketing Insights
- Retail Activation
- Shopper Marketing Best Practices
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Digitally Integrated Solutions
- Leveraging Mobile and Social
- Measurement and ROI
- P-O-P and In-Store
- Personalization and Integration
Previous Speakers Include ...
To help you understand the caliber and reputation of our speakers, check out this list of the Institute's current faculty, an impressive group of industry leaders who have presented at previous Institute events and received a score of >3.4/4.0 from audience members.
Considerations and Suggestions Before Submitting a Proposal
The Path to Purchase Institute's seminar selection committee gives preference to well-written proposals that include confirmed, current brand marketers and retail practitioners who are willing to share ideas, insights and current research to advance the shopper marketing discipline. Solution providers and agencies are encouraged to bring client co-presenters. If you are proposing co-presenters to speak in your session, you will need to confirm they are eligible to speak prior to submitting a proposal.
Often times, public relations firms submit session ideas on behalf of their clients. It is the responsibility of the session submitter to communicate acceptance or non-acceptance of the session to his/her client(s).
All presentations must be educational and informational in content; no marketing or self-promotion is allowed.
Speakers are not paid or reimbursed for expenses. However, each confirmed speaker receives one complimentary Two-Day Experience registration to the Shopper Marketing Conference & Expo on September 27-28, 2017. Sessions are scheduled throughout the event and speakers must be available to present on either day of the show, September 27 or 28.
If your proposal is selected, you and any co-speakers agree to build a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation and submit it to the Path to Purchase Institute in advance of the event. (Guidelines for presentation development and submission will be sent to speakers once they are selected.)
By submitting a proposal, confirmed speakers agree that their presentation will be audio and/or video recorded for use on the Path to Purchase Institute's password-protected, members-only website at www.p2pi.org.
Details for Submissions
For proper consideration, you'll be asked to supply all of this information when you begin your online submission. Please have all of this information ready before you begin your submission. You cannot save the form and return to finish it at a later time.
- Speaker name, title and company
- Short biography (50-75 words)
- JPG or TIF photo, 5'x7', minimum 300 dpi
- Presentation title (one line)
- Short summary of content to be delivered (100 words), followed by three bullet points of what audience members can expect to "take away."
- Summary of previous conference speaking opportunities and two speaker references including name, company, phone and email.
Need some help? Take a look at sample speaker proposals that the Selections Committee deemed to be interesting and well-written.
The Path to Purchase Institute receives hundreds of proposals for approximately 40 seminar spots. The Institute takes great care in carefully reviewing each submission in order to compile the most outstanding educational offering possible. Proposals are reviewed by a selection committee, and rolling notifications will begin in March. The final speaker roster will be posted at path2purchaseexpo.com/speaker-roster.
February 14 – Call for Speakers Closes
March 10 - April 14 – Rolling notifications based on Selections Committee recommendations
April 14 – Final speaker roster posted to path2purchaseexpo.com/speaker-roster
Thank you for your interest and support of the Path to Purchase Institute's programming efforts.
Path to Purchase Institute
The Path to Purchase Institute is a global association serving the needs of retailers, brands and the entire ecosystem of solution providers along the path to purchase. It champions shopper-centric thinking and practice that helps define the ongoing evolution of consumer marketing and the overall shopping experience.